Topics

Travis and AppVeyor fails on jmri.jmrix.lenz.liusbserver.configurexml.ConnectionConfigXmlTest

db123@bergqvist.se

PR #6340
https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/pull/6340

Travis HEADLESS=true STATIC=false
Travis HEADLESS=false STATIC=false
AppVeyor

All these fails on:

[ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR] jmri.jmrix.lenz.liusbserver.configurexml.ConnectionConfigXmlTest.getInstanceTest(jmri.jmrix.lenz.liusbserver.configurexml.ConnectionConfigXmlTest)
[ERROR] Run 1: ConnectionConfigXmlTest.getInstanceTest:38 Looking for ERROR message "error opening network connection:" got "Error opening network connection: Connection refused (Connection refused)"
[ERROR] Run 2: ConnectionConfigXmlTest.tearDown:32 Unexpected ERROR or higher messages emitted

https://travis-ci.org/JMRI/JMRI/jobs/471655673
https://travis-ci.org/JMRI/JMRI/jobs/471655674
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/JMRI/jmri/builds/21205090
https://travis-ci.org/JMRI/JMRI/jobs/471677492

The last working commit in this PR was 19 hours ago, at 23 dec 03:07 CET.

I added a new commit to restart CI but still get the exact same error.

Daniel

Balazs Racz

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 10:12 PM db123@... <db123@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks!

I hadn't merged PR 6340 into this branch. (Since I hadn't merged HEAD into my branch).

How can Travis and AppVeyor fail on a PR not included in my branch? Before I merged HEAD into my branch, I hadn't this error on my local computer. Once I merged HEAD into my branch I got this error on my local computer and was able to fix it.

This was broken by https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/pull/6292
<db123@...> wrote:

[...]

Paul Bender

On Dec 23, 2018, at 5:53 PM, "db123@..." <db123@...> wrote:
I hadn't merged PR 6340 into this branch. (Since I hadn't merged HEAD into my branch).

How can Travis and AppVeyor fail on a PR not included in my branch? Before I merged HEAD into my branch, I hadn't this error on my local computer. Once I merged HEAD into my branch I got this error on my local computer and was able to fix it.
Because Travis and Appveyor merge your branch into master, and then do the build/test CI cycle.

The processed is designed to make sure there aren’t issues once merged into master.

Paul

Paul Bender

On Dec 24, 2018, at 12:16 AM, Paul Bender <paul.bender@...> wrote:
Because Travis and Appveyor merge your branch into master, and then do the build/test CI cycle.

The processed is designed to make sure there aren’t issues once merged into master.

Also, I will add that the reason https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/pull/6292 didn’t show the failed test was that the failing test was added between the time tests ran on that PR and when it was merged ( an 11 day period ).

Paul