Topics

Reviewing

Andrew Crosland

I have been added to the reviewers group - OK.

I saw an e-mail about PR 8998 in my inbox but didn't immediately do anyhitng about it.

Danielb requested that I review the PR but I only found this out when I actually viewed the PR.

Is it possible to get notification when I have been added as a reviewer, in order to respond in a more timely manner?

Andrew

--
Andrew Crosland

danielb987

When you are requested to review a PR, you will get an email about it and that's probably what the email about PR 8998 was about. But yes, you will need to open the email to see what it's about.

Thanks for your review of PR 8998.

I have been added to the reviewers group - OK.
I saw an e-mail about PR 8998 in my inbox but didn't immediately do
anyhitng about it.
Danielb requested that I review the PR but I only found this out when
I actually viewed the PR.
Is it possible to get notification when I have been added as a
reviewer, in order to respond in a more timely manner?
Andrew
--
Andrew Crosland
Links:
------
[1] https://jmri-developers.groups.io/g/jmri/message/4311
[2] https://groups.io/mt/76664076/1303822
[3] https://jmri-developers.groups.io/g/jmri/post
[4] https://jmri-developers.groups.io/g/jmri/editsub/1303822
[5] https://jmri-developers.groups.io/g/jmri/leave/defanged

Andrew Crosland

I did open the e-mail but all it says is "You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:", it doesn't specifically say I was added as a reviewer.

It was only when I looked at the PR on github, more out of curiosity, that I saw I was being asked to review.

I would be nice if the e-mail notification were more specific.

Andrew

[...]

I have opened a new PR, #9001 - Multimeter, and requested your review on that PR.

The PR is not ready for review yet, but I wanted to check if it was a temporary glitch that you didn't get a proper review request e-mail, or if there is something that needs to be setup for you to get those e-mails.