Topics

JHelpDev question #WebHelpUpdate

JerryG

Came across two files with single names (no suffix, such as ".shtml"), perhaps the last two.  They are help/en/tocheader and help/en/indexheader.  Is there some reason NOT to convert their names?  Is there some reason TO convert their names?

The only place these names appear in the repository are in format.xsl and in webtoc.shtml and webindex.shtml, respectively.  I know that webtoc.shtml and webindex.shtml are generated by JHelpDev so is it correct that the strings tocheader and indexheader get in there by way of format.xsl?

So if I change the file names, and change where they appear in format.xsl all will be well?

BTW, format.xsl also specifies "Header" and "Footer" rather than Header.shtml and Footer.shtml so can I change those too?

Thanks, Jerry

Randall Wood <rhwood@...>

Most jhelpdev content is programmatically generated, meaning that renaming those files manually at worst creates unused files in the JMRI repo if they were generated using jhelpdev.

Whatever you do, verify your changes are not automatically overwritten or ignored by jhelpdev.