Topics

First 4.21.1 files available

Bob Jacobsen

First JMRI 4.21.1 files are available in the usual way at:

https://builds.jmri.org/jenkins/job/testreleases/job/4.21.1/

Feedback appreciated. I would like to release this later today or tomorrow morning if the files are OK.

Note that the purpose of this check is to make sure that the _files_ were built OK. If you find any new problems in the code, great, let's fix those for the next test release. (Or even better, let's learn to better functional checking of the development releases leading up to the test release build)

Peter Ulvestad

Installs fine on Windows 10

Something changed since 4.20 and it no longer starts for Sprog3 in Command Station mode (but programmer mode works). I reported this to Andrew on the Sprog list a couple days ago.

--
Peter Ulvestad

JMRI Users Group Moderator - http://www.jmri.org ( http://www.jmri.org )
Tam Valley Group Moderator - https://tamvalleydepot.com/ ( http://tamvalleydepot.com/ )
Sprog-DCC Group Moderator - http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ ( http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ )
Edmonton Model Railroad Association - http://www.emra.club/

Andrew Crosland

Peter,

Did you see my reply on the SPROG group? I could find no problem, yesterday, with master from github.

I will download the 4.21 installer and try again.

Andrew

Something changed since 4.20 and it no longer starts for Sprog3 in Command Station mode (but programmer mode works). I reported this to Andrew on the Sprog list a couple days ago.

--
Peter Ulvestad

JMRI Users Group Moderator - http://www.jmri.org ( http://www.jmri.org )
Tam Valley Group Moderator - https://tamvalleydepot.com/ ( http://tamvalleydepot.com/ )
Sprog-DCC Group Moderator - http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ ( http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ )
Edmonton Model Railroad Association - http://www.emra.club/

--
Andrew Crosland

Dave Sand

Installs and works with macOS 10.15.5.

Dave Sand

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 09:41 AM, Andrew Crosland wrote:

Peter,

Did you see my reply on the SPROG group? I could find no problem, yesterday,
with master from github.

I will download the 4.21 installer and try again.

Andrew
Yes, I replied a couple hours ago. No difference with a new profile.

--
Peter Ulvestad

JMRI Users Group Moderator - http://www.jmri.org ( http://www.jmri.org )
Tam Valley Group Moderator - https://tamvalleydepot.com/ ( http://tamvalleydepot.com/ )
Sprog-DCC Group Moderator - http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ ( http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ )
Edmonton Model Railroad Association - http://www.emra.club/

Klaus Killinger

Downloaded, installed and run on Windows 7 and Windows 10, all good.

Klaus

Am 26.08.2020 um 16:33 schrieb Bob Jacobsen:

First JMRI 4.21.1 files are available in the usual way at:
https://builds.jmri.org/jenkins/job/testreleases/job/4.21.1/
Feedback appreciated. I would like to release this later today or tomorrow morning if the files are OK.
Note that the purpose of this check is to make sure that the _files_ were built OK. If you find any new problems in the code, great, let's fix those for the next test release. (Or even better, let's learn to better functional checking of the development releases leading up to the test release build)

Andrew Crosland

OK, the problem is now also in master from github. Presumably 4.21 was merged since I last looked.

Andrew

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 09:41 AM, Andrew Crosland wrote:

Peter,

Did you see my reply on the SPROG group? I could find no problem, yesterday,
with master from github.

I will download the 4.21 installer and try again.

Andrew
Yes, I replied a couple hours ago. No difference with a new profile.

--
Peter Ulvestad

JMRI Users Group Moderator - http://www.jmri.org ( http://www.jmri.org )
Tam Valley Group Moderator - https://tamvalleydepot.com/ ( http://tamvalleydepot.com/ )
Sprog-DCC Group Moderator - http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ ( http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ )
Edmonton Model Railroad Association - http://www.emra.club/

--
Andrew Crosland

Pete Cressman

Installed on win 1o.  Ran simulated NEC, LocoNet.  All Ok.

On Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 7:33:32 AM PDT, Bob Jacobsen <rgj1927@...> wrote:

First JMRI 4.21.1 files are available in the usual way at:

Feedback appreciated. I would like to release this later today or tomorrow morning if the files are OK.

Note that the purpose of this check is to make sure that the _files_ were built OK.  If you find any new problems in the code, great, let's fix those for the next test release.  (Or even better, let's learn to better functional checking of the development releases leading up to the test release build)

John Baldwin

Seems to install fine on my Raspberry PI with Java 11!

Thanks,
John Baldwin on the Delmarva Peninsula

Dan Boudreau

All good on Win10.

Dan

First JMRI 4.21.1 files are available in the usual way at:

https://builds.jmri.org/jenkins/job/testreleases/job/4.21.1/

Feedback appreciated. I would like to release this later today or tomorrow morning if the files are OK.

Note that the purpose of this check is to make sure that the _files_ were built OK.  If you find any new problems in the code, great, let's fix those for the next test release.  (Or even better, let's learn to better functional checking of the development releases leading up to the test release build)

Very much appreciate all the feedback!

I can release these early tomorrow. Is it clear they’re ready to go? There are some comments about SPROG compatibility that I don’t fully understand.

Peter Ulvestad

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 07:11 AM, Bob Jacobsen wrote:

Very much appreciate all the feedback!

I can release these early tomorrow. Is it clear they’re ready to go? There
are some comments about SPROG compatibility that I don’t fully understand.

Bob
Sprog not working as a command station JMRI would not start and go to preferences.
This issue was addressed with https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/pull/8973
I won't be able to test until later in the day. It would be nice to include in 4.21.1

--
Peter Ulvestad

JMRI Users Group Moderator - http://www.jmri.org ( http://www.jmri.org )
Tam Valley Group Moderator - https://tamvalleydepot.com/ ( http://tamvalleydepot.com/ )
Sprog-DCC Group Moderator - http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ ( http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ )
Edmonton Model Railroad Association - http://www.emra.club/

Bob Jacobsen

Thanks.

It’s much easier to just respin 4.21.1 from the current head of master, including both that PR and all others to date. Happy to do that late tonight.

Is that OK with everybody?

Bob

On Aug 28, 2020, at 9:47 AM, Peter Ulvestad <ulvestad@...> wrote:

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 07:11 AM, Bob Jacobsen wrote:

Very much appreciate all the feedback!

I can release these early tomorrow. Is it clear they’re ready to go? There
are some comments about SPROG compatibility that I don’t fully understand.

Bob
Sprog not working as a command station JMRI would not start and go to preferences.
This issue was addressed with https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/pull/8973
I won't be able to test until later in the day. It would be nice to include in 4.21.1

Andrew Crosland

Yes, it would be good to include it.

Andrew

[...]

The second set of 4.21.1 files are available:

https://builds.jmri.org/jenkins/job/testreleases/job/4.21.1/

This includes PRs merged until yesterday; I’ve changed the milestone back to 4.21.1 on those that were included.

Feedback welcomed.

James Anderson

Hi, have tested mqtt sensors, lights and turnouts and they work great. Started to look at signal masts and  cannot see how they are added - Just a quick note to ask if they are implemented yet or  more likely i have missed something on how to use signal masts with mqtt,

Elestedt, Fredrik

Hi,

Signal masts are not yet implemented.

// Fredrik

On Mon, 31 Aug 2020, 15:00 James Anderson, <james_anderson_999@...> wrote:
Hi, have tested mqtt sensors, lights and turnouts and they work great. Started to look at signal masts and  cannot see how they are added - Just a quick note to ask if they are implemented yet or  more likely i have missed something on how to use signal masts with mqtt,

Peter Ulvestad

No issues installing on windows 10. Sprog issue fixed.

--
Peter Ulvestad

JMRI Users Group Moderator - http://www.jmri.org ( http://www.jmri.org )
Tam Valley Group Moderator - https://tamvalleydepot.com/ ( http://tamvalleydepot.com/ )
Sprog-DCC Group Moderator - http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ ( http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ )
Edmonton Model Railroad Association - http://www.emra.club/

Dave Sand

Installs and runs fine on macOS 10.15.5.

Dave Sand

The second set of 4.21.1 files are available:

https://builds.jmri.org/jenkins/job/testreleases/job/4.21.1/

This includes PRs merged until yesterday; I’ve changed the milestone back to 4.21.1 on those that were included.

Feedback welcomed.

JerryG

On my Windows 10 machine, when I try to install 4.21.1 I get a message from Norton that it can’t write a number of the files in /help/en/html/apps/DecoderPro/image (GIF  and PNG files) - and only this directory.  I recall having the same issue with at lease one 4.19 test release.  Never had a problem with production releases though, including 4.19 and 4.20.  I understand that this is some weird interaction with my virus software, but is there something different about this specific directory? When I look at that directory on my machine now, I see files dated 7/6 (the ones that I got an error message on) and other files dated 8/30..

I am able to keep hitting "ignore" and get the rest of JMRI to install and run successfully.

Thanks, Jerry