Topics

First 4.19.1 files available, test appreciated

Bob Jacobsen

First JMRI 4.19.1 files are available in the usual way at:

http://jmri.tagadab.com/jenkins/job/TestReleases/job/4.19.1/2/

Note this the 2nd Jenkins build; it was respun to pick up PR #7797

Feedback appreciated. There were some modifications to how the files were made for Windows, so it would be good to make sure they install and run OK there.

Steve_G

Dont seem to be able to open a panel....

2019-12-31 18:08:49,147 ptionhandler.UncaughtExceptionHandler ERROR - Uncaught Exception caught by jmri.util.exceptionhandler.UncaughtExceptionHandler [AWT-EventQueue-0]
java.lang.NullPointerException
at jmri.jmrit.display.layoutEditor.LayoutEditor.setToolBarSide(LayoutEditor.java:1634)
at jmri.jmrit.display.layoutEditor.LayoutEditor.lambda$1(LayoutEditor.java:421)
at java.base/java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Optional.java:183)
at jmri.jmrit.display.layoutEditor.LayoutEditor.lambda$0(LayoutEditor.java:414)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:313)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:770)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:740)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

Dan Boudreau

Downloaded and installed on Win7 ok. Was able to load an existing "Panel Editor" created panel without issue. Routes and turnouts all good using NCE simulator.

Dan

Peter Ulvestad

Windows 10, LocoNet simulator
Installed without issue. Opened and manipulated panel without encountering issues.

--
Peter Ulvestad

JMRI Users Group Moderator - http://www.jmri.org ( http://www.jmri.org )
Tam Valley Group Moderator - https://tamvalleydepot.com/ ( http://tamvalleydepot.com/ )
Sprog-DCC Group Moderator - http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ ( http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/ )
Edmonton Model Railroad Association - http://www.emra.club/

Bob Jacobsen

I’ve tried every layout editor panel file I have without seeing this error. Could you post the file?

Bob

On Dec 31, 2019, at 3:10 PM, Steve_G <RailRodder@...> wrote:

[...]

It's not the panel. It's the tool bar setting, even though it was saved in non edit mode.
Steve G.

On December 31, 2019 8:02:49 PM EST, Bob Jacobsen <rgj1927@...> wrote:
[...]

View/Reply Online (#2455): https://jmri-developers.groups.io/g/jmri/message/2455
Group Owner: jmri+owner@jmri-developers.groups.io

Steve_G

Yep. If I rename user-interface.xml then the panel loads. It should be a floating toolbox.
Steve G.

On December 31, 2019 8:37:04 PM EST, Steve_G <RailRodder@...> wrote:
[...]

If the user-interface.xml has the error, it would help if you could post that file.

wrote:
[...]
Links:
------
[1] https://jmri-developers.groups.io/g/jmri/message/2457
[2] https://groups.io/mt/69351450/1303822
[3] https://jmri-developers.groups.io/g/jmri/post
[4] https://jmri-developers.groups.io/g/jmri/editsub/1303822
[5] https://jmri-developers.groups.io/g/jmri/leave/defanged

Klaus Killinger

Windows 7 and 10, LocoNet Simulator.
Installed without issue.
I see a different behavior on the JMRI throttle:
When I click on the F1 button F1 is not selected.

Klaus

Am 31.12.2019 um 18:09 schrieb Bob Jacobsen:

First JMRI 4.19.1 files are available in the usual way at:
http://jmri.tagadab.com/jenkins/job/TestReleases/job/4.19.1/2/
Note this the 2nd Jenkins build; it was respun to pick up PR #7797
Feedback appreciated. There were some modifications to how the files were made for Windows, so it would be good to make sure they install and run OK there.

I’ve rerun the files with a bypass for this (skip the call that’s making the NPE). Could you check it when you get the chance?

And Happy New Year to all!

Bob

On December 31, 2019 8:02:49 PM EST, Bob Jacobsen <@BobJacobsen> wrote:
[...]

Bob, that worked, thx. Steve G

Steve_G

JMRI Throttle: The function buttons either dont work at all, or come on but cannot be turned off.

Bob M.

I, too, confirm this finding. Seen on Ubuntu Linux, jmri 4.19.1+R03b794d, Digitrax PR3, DCS52.

When clicking on JMRI throttle "function" buttons, no LocoNet message is generated. The throttle's GUI does, however, make changes to the state of the button.

It appears to me that the "Lockable" value in each of the button "properties" values has been "checked", and that this might be the cause of the problem.

But simply unchecking a button's "lockable" property does not solve the problem, because a button activation will generate the operation to set (for example) the function, but it seems impossible to "turn off" (for example) the function once it is set. For each activation of the button, I see a LocoNet message to turn the button on, but no messages to turn the button off.

And, in 4.18, making the button as not "lockable" makes the button "momentary". Most decoder functions are intended to work in a "latching" mode, not momentary, so this cannot be considered the start of a workaround.

Regards,
Bob M.

Bob M.

The throttle button issue appear to be related to the changes to jmri/jmrit/throttle/FunctionButton.java in commit 4fb008888a7f1104ff31967ca3a3eeb38e3f556c , which attempts to re-work the mouse button modifiers masking and uses a different method for getting the button modifiers.

Backing out the changes in FunctionButton.java from the above-mentioned commit resolves the button problem **on Ubuntu Linux using Oracle's JRE 1.8.0_231**. I can swap between vesions of 4.19.1+ code and get the problem to appear/disappear reliably on this platform.

Curiously, the problem does not appear for me on Windows 7 with either version of the code. This might be an aspect of crazy Netbeans behavior - I have pulled Master and built and hacked the code under Netbeans, but have not installed the 4.19.1 release, though, so don't place too much validity on the Windows 7 aspects of this report.

Regards,
Bob M.

Randall Wood <rhwood@...>

On 01-Jan-2020, at 17:52, Bob M. <jawhugrps@...> wrote:

The throttle button issue appear to be related to the changes to jmri/jmrit/throttle/FunctionButton.java in commit 4fb008888a7f1104ff31967ca3a3eeb38e3f556c , which attempts to re-work the mouse button modifiers masking and uses a different method for getting the button modifiers.

Backing out the changes in FunctionButton.java from the above-mentioned commit resolves the button problem **on Ubuntu Linux using Oracle's JRE 1.8.0_231**. I can swap between vesions of 4.19.1+ code and get the problem to appear/disappear reliably on this platform.
If you use either Oracle’s or OpenJDK’s JRE 11 on Ubuntu, do you observe the problem with 4.19.1?

Curiously, the problem does not appear for me on Windows 7 with either version of the code. This might be an aspect of crazy Netbeans behavior - I have pulled Master and built and hacked the code under Netbeans, but have not installed the 4.19.1 release, though, so don't place too much validity on the Windows 7 aspects of this report.

Regards,
Bob M.

Bob M.

Randall,

I am not particularly confident in my Linux-foo to be randomly changing between different JRE implementations. My schedule probably does not allow for any such experimentation over the next 5 days.

I will likely be able to test P/R #7822 today, though.

Regards,
Billyblb

[...]

I was successfully able to build the fix of P/R #7822 and test on Ubuntu Linux with Oracle's JRE 1.80_231. The fix works there.

I also tested the fix on Win7-64 - I didn't see the problem with the fix of P/R #7822.

I have posted a comment to P/R #7822 showing the info above.

Regards,
Bob M.