Topics

First 4.17.4 files available

Bob Jacobsen

First JMRI 4.17.4 files are available in the usual way at:

http://builds.jmri.org/jenkins/job/TestReleases/job/4.17.4

Feedback appreciated. I would like to release this late Monday or early Tuesday morning if the files are OK.

Thanks for your help.

Dan Boudreau

Downloaded and installed Win7, tested, all good.

Dan

Pete Brownlow

Installed ok on Windows 10, loaded my simpler Panel OK, but I get some errors and an exception when loading my more complex panel (both CBUS CAN simulation).  I'll check these out and post another message shortly when I have worked out whether they are real errors in the panel file that this new release is spotting, or whether they look like something wrong in this release.

I guess fixing the layout editor combo boxes is still WIP.  There are some improvements, I can now see the full list in the dropdown, but I still can't create a block from the edit window and I still can't paste a value from the clipboard into any of the combo boxes in the main Layout Editor toolbar.  When you have a large panel with several hundred blocks, sensors etc, and the table window is open focused before you, it is much faster to copy and paste a user name rather than go down such a long dropdown.  This has worked fine ever since I started using JMRI, but is currently broken.  I have to say it worked properly before the recent changes, I'd really prefer it back how it was as it completely breaks the workflow at the moment. Having said that, I know that there are developers working away to fix this, so thanks for your efforts.

Dave Sand

No apparent issues on macOS 10.14.6.

Dave Sand

On Sep 9, 2019, at 7:42 AM, Bob Jacobsen <@BobJacobsen> wrote:

First JMRI 4.17.4 files are available in the usual way at:

http://builds.jmri.org/jenkins/job/TestReleases/job/4.17.4

Feedback appreciated. I would like to release this late Monday or early Tuesday morning if the files are OK.

Thanks for your help.

Pete Brownlow

Having checked the system console against the panel XML where the errors were reported on load, I can confirm that they were errors in my panel file XML that are now picked up by this revision.

For example, I had two sensors, one defined as CBUS event +N98E100 and  the other as CBUS event +N98E0100.  The new revision picks up the fact that they resolve to the same event - so I guess that is a good thing.

There was also a partially created memory variable with no user name or value, and just a system name of "IM" with no suffix, which this revision picked up as an error.

So all good on that front - although my concerns about the LE combo boxes remain.

Dave Sand

Pete,

The block combo boxes on the track component Edit panels will be able to create new blocks at 4.17.5.

At this time, I do not plan to change any other LE combo boxes to be editable. I prefer to jump to the appropriate location in the list by typing a character or two. This is disabled when the combo box is editable since the keystrokes go to the edit field.

Dave Sand