Topics

End of development branch (was Re: Adding a development branch on GitHub

Bob Jacobsen

The `development` branch on our main JMRI/JMRI GitHub repository has now been merged back into the `master` branch.

Please check out the `master` branch to get the current HEAD of development. When you want to make a PR, please target the `master` branch. Both of these should be the defaults.

On the other hand, if you want to make a correction specifically to an earlier release, i.e. production release 4.18, please check out the corresponding `v4.18` tag and branch from there.

Bob

On Jan 1, 2020, at 7:15 PM, Bob Jacobsen via Groups.Io <rgj1927=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Mostly because we said we’d wait a couple weeks to see if we needed a 4.18.1, and 4.18 itself got out late.

I can go ahead and pull everything back now if that’s what people want. Then, if there is a problem that requires a 4.18.1, it’ll be up to whoever’s fixing it to start at the right place. It’ll be interested to see how that goes.

For the sake of definiteness, let’s say that I’ll do that merge back in 16 hours from now if nobody objects. I’m not sure that’s long enough for people to read email and see this at this time of year, but I don’t want to make it harder for you or other people to work.

As to what to do how: I have no idea why your IDE has trouble with this, but you could try using the command line.

(use your IDE to create a new branch you want to work on from i.e. master)
(quit the IDE)
(switch to the JMRI program directory)
git fetch origin
git merge origin/development
(restart IDE)

That merges the `development` branch onto your working branch, so all the contents should then be there.

Bob

On Jan 1, 2020, at 7:06 PM, Dan Boudreau <daboudreau@...> wrote:

Thanks Bob,

So why is merging to master still locked? I just tried to synch up with all of my changes, and master doesn't have my latest that was part of 19.1.

Tried pulling the development branch, and no luck so far in getting my IDE to work with that branch.

Not sure how or what to do.

Dan