Topics

Creeping Window Size

doug@...

I open PanelPro quite often in my testing of RR-CirKits products.  I'm sure I hold some kind of record for PanelPro startups.  The program has really matured and is quite better to work with.  Since I open the program so frequently, I have observed a bit of naughty behavior, and it has to do with the slowly increasing size of the main splash screen and the Loconet Monitor.  This appeared around the time that window positions started to be saved, I believe.  At least for the past couple of years.  Every time PanelPro is opened, the vertical window size is increased by a couple pixel rows, and the width is reduced by about .060 inch - I put a scale on the width so I could see how much change there is.  I just finished testing 24 LocoBuffer-USB's, so that is 24 PanelPro startups.  The Loconet monitor which might normally be about 8 inches wide by 5 high had extended to the bottom, then to the top of the screen.  The main splash screen gets really tall and narrow.
System info:
JMRI 4.15.1
Java 10.0.2
Ubuntu 18.04 X64
I have observed this behavior on both Linux and Windows 10 machines.  I haven't verified this behavior on my MacBook, but I expect it is a common window handling issue and not system-specific.
Thank you for all the work you folks do.  I really appreciate the work that goes into this program!
Doug Goff

danielb987

Issue #5480 PanelPro splash screen shrinking
https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/issues/5480

Maybe a solution is in PR #6147 Window sizing but should be also implemented on the spash screen?
https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/pull/6147

This PR is merged into JMRI 4.13.5.

[...]
Links:
------