Topics

Build JMRI 4.17.7 tomorrow evening

Bob Jacobsen

I would like to build JMRI 4.17.7 from head of master tomorrow (Wednesday December 4) California time.

Let me know if that doesn’t work for you, please. The next opportunity after that will probably be the following Monday.

Bob
--
Bob Jacobsen
@BobJacobsen

Matthew Harris

Bob,

Good for me.

Just a point of clarification - is this the last build from HEAD of `master` for this series? Or do we foresee one more?

Best regards,

Matt H

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 at 14:05, Bob Jacobsen <rgj1927@...> wrote:
I would like to build JMRI 4.17.7 from head of master tomorrow (Wednesday December 4) California time. 

Let me know if that doesn’t work for you, please.  The next opportunity after that will probably be the following Monday.

Bob
--
Bob Jacobsen
rgj1927@...

Bob Jacobsen

We can certainly do whatever needs to be done.

4.17.7 was planned as last-from-head, with perhaps one more for small changes, but that plan has already shifted 10 days late; more changes are certainly possible.

We need quite a bit of time for user testing between the last build-from-head and the production release. (We’ve learned not to shortcut that, or at least should have learned not to, two of the past four production releases) It’s already tight to get that done before the Christmas break. It’s good to give people a production release for that vacation break, but perhaps we don’t have to do that this year.

Bob

On Dec 3, 2019, at 5:39 AM, Matthew Harris <@mattharris> wrote:

Bob,

Good for me.

Just a point of clarification - is this the last build from HEAD of `master` for this series? Or do we foresee one more?

Best regards,

Matt H

On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 at 14:05, Bob Jacobsen <@BobJacobsen> wrote:

Let me know if that doesn’t work for you, please. The next opportunity after that will probably be the following Monday.

Bob
--
Bob Jacobsen
@BobJacobsen