Topics

attn of Alain Carasso & Mark Waters - Zimo v36 loco files

Nigel Cliffe

( I’d have done this by email if there was a contact for Alain in the header file for the Zimo decoders in question.  )

I’ve spotted two issues with Zimo files, certainly v36 onwards, arguably some before v36.

Issue-1:

Alain Carasso is listed in the file as the last person to edit the v36 Zimo files.

In the v36 (sound) files for Zimo, covering a number of files and decoders, all seem to be lacking the pane “Sound Samples” which is present in some of the earlier versions of files.  This allows the user to move sound samples to any arbitrary function key.

Is this deliberate due to an issue in decoder (or file), or is it accidental omission ?       I suspect accidental.

The missing line from the files is (towards bottom of file in the “sound samples” area)

<xi:include href="http://jmri.org/xml/decoders/zimo/PaneSoundSamples.xml"/>

Is there any reason to not add this line to the files ?

Issue-2:

CV309 and CV349 provide an alternative brake button and braking deceleration rate.
This is commonly used on sound fitted locos from at least two major UK sound writers , but is applicable to any Zimo (sound or no-sound) with the relevant firmware.

So, two files to edit:

CV260-CV355sound_version30.xml (and arguably need a non-sound version of this for non-sound decoders).  Add CV309 and CV349.

One of the pane files needs editing, to display the brake button features.  I’d suggest either the Accel/Decel pane (better label) or the Shunt/Uncouple pane (lots of space).  Either are available to non-sound decoders when there is time for someone to write a generic “non sound” file covering the recent firmware releases and decoder types.

Any reasons to not do these changes for CV309/349 ?

-          Nigel

Nigel Cliffe

Delete issue-1 (my fault for not having an up-to-date version installed).

Issue-2 remains.

(And I may have a system bug with the load time of current 4.17.6 test release under Windows10 – starting DecoderPro cripples my machine, which is a fairly fast specification.  I’ll test some more before reporting as a bug ).

-          Nigel