Re: Find some consensus

John Baldwin

I am new to this group and Java programming but am a programmer with 45+ years of experience.

I would second Bob's comments.

request adding "nor increase the workload of developers nor is a incomplete change to structure or practice that will require future work by others." (Maybe that should be a bulleted list instead of a run-on sentence).
and

I would prefer an additional sentence: "Longer discussions should be moved the the jmri-users list to make sure people become aware of them"
On this second point, I would suggest that more controversial changes trigger a notification to all the contributors of the affected code/subject area and an additional waiting period of at least a couple of weeks to give knowledgeable contributors a chance to review if they are offline for a while.
Thanks,
John Baldwin on the Delmarva Peninsula