Re: jmri.util.JUnitUtil not found?

Pete Cressman

The  "C:\Git\JMRI\temp” directory exits and looks OK.

I did a commit and push, even though i couldn't fully test. Then, remarkably, the "cannot resolve" error disappeared and the tests ran - without a recompile. (from me at least, but Eclipse often does it own building itself for reasons i don't know about)

So problem gone, without knowing why.
Thank you for your response.
Pete C.

On Friday, July 31, 2020, 02:20:03 PM PDT, Bob Jacobsen <rgj1927@...> wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2020, at 1:46 PM, Pete Cressman <pete_cressman@...> wrote:
>
> I have a problem I can't fix.
>
> import jmri.util.JUnitUtil; is not resolved in any test file where changes were made even after a real clean compile completes successfully. Curiously, the assertion fails on the last reference - JUnitUtil.tearDown();

Is there a more detailed error message?

> I am runing tests from eclipse and for quite some time now all tests have been prefaced with:
>
> INFO: Loading JUnit Platform configuration parameters from classpath resource [file:/C:/Git/JMRI/target/test-classes/junit-platform.properties].
> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.tngtech.archunit.core.PluginLoader).
> log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.
> Using org.netbeans.jemmy.drivers.DefaultDriverInstaller driver installer
> ERROR - Unable to store node identities: C:\Git\JMRI\temp\nodeIdentity.xml (The system cannot find the path specified) [AWT-EventQueue-0] jmri.util.node.NodeIdentity.saveIdentity()
> WARN  - Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5. [AWT-EventQueue-0] java.util.prefs.log()
>
> Is there something I can do to fix this?

I think the "Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs” is a known Windows issue. Not sure if there’s a fix.

On the "Unable to store node identities’ message, could you check the the "C:\Git\JMRI\temp” directory exists?  It’s normally created by the tests when need, but perhaps something is going wrong with permissions, etc.