Re: Format of try ... catch blocks

Dave Heap

Bob,

On 24 May 2020, at 4:50 PM, Bob Jacobsen <rgj1927@...> wrote:

I really hope that we can find the cause of this catch-line reformatting and kill it. K&R formatting was good enough for K&R, and I’ve become really accustomed to reading it.

Agreed.

It’s in every standards doc I know of. I think perhaps somebody misinterpreted the page you referenced, which mentioned but doesn’t show catch blocks.  The next page ( https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/essential/exceptions/catch.html) does show them, and they’re in our old “Egyptian format”.

I copied and pasted into my email from what I was sure was that page. Weird.

Could you also check the project properties?  Right-click on the JMRI project, select Properties, then Formatting, then alignment, then the catch checkbox?

I'll look later.

Dave