Re: Format of try ... catch blocks

danielb987

Test PR #8578. I think that will solve it.

https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/pull/8578

I really hope that we can find the cause of this catch-line
reformatting and kill it. K&R formatting was good enough for K&R, and
I’ve become really accustomed to reading it.
It’s in every standards doc I know of. I think perhaps somebody
misinterpreted the page you referenced, which mentioned but doesn’t
show catch blocks. The next page (
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/essential/exceptions/catch.html)
does show them, and they’re in our old “Egyptian format”.
Could you also check the project properties? Right-click on the JMRI
project, select Properties, then Formatting, then alignment, then the
catch checkbox?
Bob

On May 23, 2020, at 10:57 PM, Dave Heap <dgheap@gmail.com> wrote:
All,
On 24 May 2020, at 3:37 PM, danielb987 <db123@bergqvist.se> wrote:

There you have a checkbox "catch". Is that checkbox checked?
No, it's not checked. Something seems to be overriding that setting.
I'm suspecting:
<https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/pull/8544/commits/70262a42f5368cb74f510df25a143461a134d10d>;
merged since yesterday (my time zone).
What policy do we want?
I'm also suspecting this for suddenly aligning descriptions of
@param in JavaDoc . I must say I like that one. Again, what policy
do we want?
I'll hold off on a PR I was about to create...
Dave
rgj1927@gmail.com
Links:
------