Re: The Definitive Users' Guide on How to Save Your Work in JMRI #WebHelpUpdate

RadSolution

All,

I’ve not used JMRI so excuse me if talking through my hat....

Surely the best approach is that used by many other programs: any change, anywhere, made by the user sets a ‘dirty’ flag; this tested during exit, and the user is prompted to save her work (or deliberately not)...

On 4 May 2020, at 05:15, Dave Sand <ds@...> wrote:

Jerry,

I went through your list of links.  There appears to be some very old content, along with inconsistent content.  It is easy to fall into a worm hole.  I admire your courage.

PanelPro has two main classes of data.  The primary class contains the the tables and panels and is "stored" using the various menu items in the tables and panels (tap?) xml file.  The second class is the data handled by the various tools, many of which are in my list.

I think the help page needs to describe the unique characteristics of the tables and panels data, and the necessary actions to store the data before quit and load the data after starting PanelPro.  The second part of the page should list the known tools and their data that exists outside of the tables and panels data.  This is probably a short description with a link to the appropriate tools help page which ideally will go to the data retention portion of the tool help.

Dave Sand