JDK version issue in NetBeans

Andrew Crosland

Coming back to looking at the source after a few months, at the very start of a clean build I see a warning:

"ant -f D:\\JMRI\\nbproject\\nbjdk.xml clean debug
Warning: nbjdk.active=JDK_1.8 or nbjdk.home=${platforms.JDK_1.8.home} is an invalid Java platform; ignoring and using C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_25"

There was a change on 20th June (more recent than my last use), to use JDK 1.8 in NetBeans if present.

The project seems to build OK, at the end of the process I see this warning, which I am guessing is related:

"warning: Supported source version 'RELEASE_7' from annotation processor 'org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.ServiceProviderProcessor' less than -source '1.8'"

In the IDE, tools > Java Platforms shows I am using JDK 1.8 from the C:\Program Files\... location

I don't want to edit the nbproject files to change nbjdk.active or set nbjdk.home (not currently set) in case I check them in and break someone else's build. I am guessing a path or environment variable is missing.

Can someone point me in the right direction to clean up the warnings?

--
Andrew Crosland