Re: A 4.17.5ish commit has made LRoute edits unable to be saved

Pete Cressman

I have to bail out on this (having spent the whole afternoon and getting zilch).

Problem 1 was 'git bisect' looking for jmri.lib.jinputvalidator-0.8.0.jar when running earlier versions (jmri.lib.jinputvalidator-0.6.0.jar was there, it seems 0.8.0 gets replaced) - so I can't pinpoint a precise commit.

Problem 2 was my understanding of DefaultConditionalManager/AbstractManager handling of register/deregister when "conditionalWhereUsed" is involved.

I can say after editing a conditional, everything is fine with the changes while the session continues.  However, at the store in DefaultConditionalManagerXml, the conditionals returned by cm.getNamedBeanSet() no longer have any of the edited conditionals present. (can't find how they get deregistered)

Sorry , but this is beyond my debugging ability.
Pete

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 07:49:51 AM PDT, Bob Jacobsen <rgj1927@...> wrote:

If you have a particular set of the code (I.e. v4.17.4) that works and one that doesn’t (i.e. master), you can use `git bisect` to really rapidly find the commit that made the difference.

https://www.jmri.org/help/en/html/doc/Technical/GitFAQ.shtml

Bob