Re: Netbeans Help

Randall Wood <rhwood@...>

I’d install git. Ant includes the first few characters of the current commit hash in the JMRI version number.

Randall

On Oct 13, 2019, at 08:20, steve young via Groups.Io <icklesteve@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I tried IDE's in the 90's and had bad experiences so have previously stuck with Notepad++ .
Since Randall's excellent suggestion that I try out an IDE, I've had my main dev laptop fail, so installed NB on a fresh Win7 install with 64bit JDK 8u221
I'm actually pretty impressed with the inline hint suggestions that NetBeans 11.1 offers however am struggling to compile.

Git not installed nor ant, using the JMRI folder in the Github desktop location ( For the moment I'll stick with Github Desktop for version control ).
I've been following the advice from
https://www.jmri.org/help/en/html/doc/Technical/NetBeans.shtml
however should I have Git installed?

TIA,
Steve.

Output from NB console

ant -f C:\\Users\\steve\\Documents\\GitHub\\JMRI\\nbproject\\nbjdk.xml clean debugWarning: nbjdk.active=JDK_1.8 or nbjdk.home=${platforms.JDK_1.8.home} is an invalid Java platform; ignoring and using C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_221clean:Execute failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "git" (in directory "C:\Users\steve\Documents\GitHub\JMRI"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specifiedJMRI.clean:C:\Users\steve\Documents\GitHub\JMRI\nbproject\nbjdk.xml:11: The following error occurred while executing this line:C:\Users\steve\Documents\GitHub\JMRI\build.xml:439: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Trailing char < > at index 41:  C:\Users\steve\Documents\GitHub\JMRI\temp at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.normalize(WindowsPathParser.java:191)at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:153)at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPathParser.parse(WindowsPathParser.java:77)at sun.nio.fs.WindowsPath.parse(WindowsPath.java:94)at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystem.getPath(WindowsFileSystem.java:255)at java.io.File.toPath(File.java:2234)at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Delete.isDanglingSymlink(Delete.java:879)at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Delete.execute(Delete.java:642)at org.netbeans.modules.java.source.ant.DeleteTask.access$001(DeleteTask.java:37)at org.netbeans.modules.java.source.ant.DeleteTask$1.call(DeleteTask.java:52)at org.netbeans.modules.java.source.ant.DeleteTask$1.call(DeleteTask.java:49)at org.netbeans.modules.java.source.ant.DeleteTask.execute(DeleteTask.java:60)at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:292)at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor270.invoke(Unknown Source)at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:99)at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:350)at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:449)at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:470)at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1388)at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.SingleCheckExecutor.executeTargets(SingleCheckExecutor.java:36)at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1251)at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:437)at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:292)at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor270.invoke(Unknown Source)at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:99)at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:350)at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:449)at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:470)at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1388)at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1361)at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1251)at org.apache.tools.ant.module.bridge.impl.BridgeImpl.run(BridgeImpl.java:261)at org.apache.tools.ant.module.run.TargetExecutor.run(TargetExecutor.java:574)at org.netbeans.core.execution.RunClassThread.run(RunClassThread.java:128)BUILD FAILED (total time: 1 second)

Join jmri@jmri-developers.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.