Re: Jenkins builds

Matthew Harris

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 08:43 AM, danielb987 wrote:
Looks like the upstream job has failing tests since then so, yes,
that's expected.

So, we need to figure out what's causing the test failure and fix it.
https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/issues/7465

Randall Wood is working on it.
https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/issues/7465#issuecomment-538185307

Daniel
Looks like that might be a different issue.

The test failure right now can be seen at:

http://builds.jmri.org/jenkins/job/Development/job/Builds/3632/testReport/jmri/ArchitectureTest/checkStandardStreams/

I've put together what I think should resolve this in https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/pull/7472 but we should really dig further into why local builds and Jenkins builds seem to end-up with different behaviours with the compilation of `jmri.jmrit.XmlFile.dumpElement`: https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/blob/master/java/src/jmri/jmrit/XmlFile.java#L281

Hopefully, once merged, this will resolve that specific test failure and allow packages to build again (other errors not withstanding).

Best regards,

Matt H